Beneath the make-up and behind the smile, I'm just a girl who wishes for the world.

Friday, April 29, 2016

The Journey Continued...

Well, it's been 8 months now, and somedays I can't even believe it. It feels like last month we brought home our son, when in reality it was over 8 months ago. He's such a good kid, and I cannot wait to see the person he becomes as he grows. 

While I was pregnant with Bastian, I had decided that I was going to kick my butt into gear again. Before we had gotten pregnant I was on a diet and had lost almost 60lbs. When we decided to start trying, I went off the diet program and ended up gaining everything back over the 4 months we were trying to conceive. It made me mad, but I used that anger as motivation. 


During my pregnancy I gained 22lbs. Which wasn't too bad. I was really proud of myself, I ate very healthy and tried to stay hydrated as best I can (without giving into those delicious desserts and cravings). When Bastian was born, I instantly lost everything I had gained with him. It was all baby weight. Woo! Then over the past 8 months I have slowly tried to lose weight. I am officially down 58lbs which is where I was before we had started trying to have our son. I've still got a long way to go and I know it's going to take time because I want to do it slowly. Why do I want to do it slowly? I don't want to shock my body. I want the weight to stay off, and I want to actually change my lifestyle and eating habits for the long run instead of just a quick fix. I've done quick fixes before, and they never work in the long run. This time will be different. My short term goal is to lose 65 more pounds. Then, I will reevaluate everything and see where I am. Long term, I just want to feel happy and healthy, not only for myself but for my family. And I know it's possible. 


I have a huge support system with friends and family. I couldn't ask for better people to be able to turn to when I want to celebrate my little victories. I can't wait to see where this journey leads me. Hopefully to a new mind & body of feeling happy and healthy.


This has been another Wild Whisper, just for you... 

No comments:

Post a Comment