Beneath the make-up and behind the smile, I'm just a girl who wishes for the world.

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

How about an update?

It has been entirely too long since I've updated this blog. My life has gotten away from me, but not necessarily in a bad way. I shall elaborate:

I have completed Graduate school. It wasn't under the best circumstances, but I did it! And I'm receiving honors later this month because of my grades. I graduate with my Masters in Psychology, which wasn't exactly as planned but it's better then nothing, right? It is shocking how unprofessional adults in the psychology field can be, and probably other fields in higher education as well. I just noticed it more because I was being dealt nasty cards. What have I learned? That if you're going to challenge someone with a superiority complex, stand your ground even if it kicks you down. I stood my ground and I don't regret anything. I was kicked, punched, and thrown out, but in the end I can hold my head up high and show them that they made the mistake of trying to boot out an honors student that is in the top of her class. 

**I've also been advised not to speak of the things they did to me, but come on, seriously? After being harassed to take a lesser degree, do you really feel like I should stay quiet? No. I will however say that if you're looking into a human services degree and you see warning signs or feel them, transfer. Get out of that school as fast as possible, that way you don't go through what I did. No one should feel bullied by adults in control, especially when you're paying to make yourself a better person by going through higher education. 

Alright, now that that is updated, moving onto greener pastures. I'm pregnant! Sam and I had been trying for four months to get pregnant, and then bam, Christmas hits and we find out we're expecting! Of course, I wanted to get pregnant faster that way we could announce at Christmas, but that didn't happen. We made our announcement on Valentine's Day, which was just as wonderful. I am now 19 weeks along and it's been a pretty smooth pregnancy. During the first trimester, I didn't go through any morning sickness, just some occasional nausea which I could deal with. I'm a baby when it comes to throwing up. I hate it, but then... who does? Anyway, I'm a few weeks into my second trimester and the worst thing that has happened besides the occasional headache has been numbing of my legs. The baby has decided to prop itself on a nerve, causing my legs to feel like pins and needles. I've been doing some stretching and adjusting the way I sleep but it doesn't help. Looks like I'm going to have to wait this one out til he/she decides to move it's stubborn little butt off the effected nerve!

I've also started feeling little movements. Nothing huge, they remind me of muscle spasms. Like the little twitches one gets on their arm/leg or even their eye? Yeah, you know what I'm talking about. Those pesky things. But deep inside my belly. Which, as long as they are baby movements I'm good! If my muscles are twitching in there, then that's just weird. Around week 14 I seemed to have my first pop out of the stomach. I rounded out a bit, which was nice. I'm still hovering that fine line between looking like I've just put on 10lbs though, which is interesting. I've actually lost weight so far, but I've been eating healthy and my doctor isn't worried, so I'm just going to continue on doing what I'm doing. Judging from my facebook groups that I've joined, women do a big pop around 20 weeks, which is coming up for me. I can't wait.

We also find out the sex this week! That's something else huge. Sam's really pushing for a boy. Swears by it. I'm not sure though. I've always wanted a boy first. Truthfully, we'd both be happy as long as he or she is strong and healthy. Everyone always asks me, "Do you have any feelings to what it is yet?" And my answer hasn't changed. Nope. I don't. For some reason, I haven't been swayed one way or the other by my own feelings. I really just don't know. However, now that we're on the week we find out, I'm more excited then ever, and I'm hoping it's a boy. Just because I'd love to see the big smile plastered on Sam's face in the room when the tech tells us it's a boy. 


Hm... has there been anything else huge happen since I last posted? I don't believe so. I'm not working, out of school, pregnant and staying at home. Yepp. Covered it all. I did apply for a few teaching positions at different colleges in town. (Of course not the one I went to, duh.) It would be awesome to hear back, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Not like I have any experience teaching, although, I would love it. There has to be some more decent teachers in the psychology field out there. I'd like to be one of them. 

So, I always end these by saying I'm going to post more often. I think this time, I'm going to mean it. Since I'm home all the time, I'm going to have more free time. And then with a little one, this may just turn into a Mommy blog, but I will try not to bore you. This has been a good life-style blog of Ashley. From feelings, to foods, to school, and now family. It's everything I could pour my heart into. Thanks for being here to read it. 

And this has been another Wild Whisper, just for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment